Small moments:
“In the years when my parents were broke, Dad would give Mom a daisy for each year they were married.” — Donna Pizzolongo, daughter of George E. Raboni Sr
The touch:
"It was a routine gesture during an ordinary car ride, but she still remembers it. As a young child, I sometimes stuttered. Once, when I was six and our family was traveling in the car, I was trying to tell my parents something and couldn’t get the words out. Stuttering confused me, which caused me to stutter even more. Although this didn’t happen very often, it was painful for my parents to witness. That day, while my dad was driving, he calmly reached into the backseat and pulled me closer to him. Then he put his arm around my shoulders and patted my right arm. I remember feeling a sense of immediate calm that allowed me to get the words out." — Kerry A. Bostwick, Mount Vernon, IA, associate professor, daughter of Robert R. Bostwick, superintendent of schools (1927)
1 comment:
I take after my dad. We're happier tinkering around at his work bench than we are tossing the ball around. He always made time for the extremes my brother and I had. Matt's the jock. I'm the nerd. Where we always came together was in the outdoors. We developed our respect for the laws of nature at the same time as our respect for dad grew. He has taught me everything I know about finding out how things work and that includes the needs of our natural environment. I love my dad, Nanny. And just sent my family members a link to this new blog of yours.
It's a really special idea.
Post a Comment