Saturday, May 21, 2011

SandBoxBlogs: "Welcome to 'SandMan' "


SandBoxBlogs welcomes sons, daughters, mothers and fathers to our most recent addition to the SandBoxBlogs family.

'SandMan' aims to be a gathering place of information, sharing, insight and community for men.

Whether you are a son, a brother, a surrogate dad, dreaming of becoming a father someday or blessed to already be one, we hope to fill a need for a unique gathering place for men of all walks of life who share the joy and the responsibility of a child.

8 comments:

hammerandnails said...

Your not going to get true confessions out of us, Nanny.

But, if you can get dialogue started on true confessions out of the Sandbabes and the Baby Boxers, well.

Then you might get lucky and get us to start joining in.

We're always looking for a way to get communication going.

As long as we're not the ones starting it and we can come in through the back door and exit when we want to.

FCE said...

As one of those SandBabes, once long ago, I'll respond to my SandMan and his comment, Nanny.

I was so blessed to be raised by my dad. I miss him every day.

One of the strongest points he ever made with me, was to talk to me about the man that someday, I would grow up to love.

It took a mistake first, before I found him.

But now that I have, I think my dad would be happy for me. My SandMan stepped into the shoes of my hero, my dad.

And fills them very well.

Wonderful new blogs, Nanny. Just perfect. I think you'll be surprised what chatter flows in still yet another one of your safe places.

hammerandnails said...

I'm going to make 2 comments.

The first one is for my babe.

You never cease to amaze me and I love you more than I have words to say.

I wish I could have known your dad.

To have a daughter like you, he had to have been a very good man.

hammerandnails said...

There you go again, Nanny. Someday when we're all looking down on this from above I bet we see that you really were a force of nature.

Personally, I think this kind of forum is a needed thing and for sure, our ladies are going to use it.

jbend thinks it might be a conspiracy and stealth attack.

staplehead is walking around mumbling something about entrapment.

My man 22 hasn't said a word. That's a dangerous sign. Means he's thinking. and probably scoping the terrain waiting for his lovely wife to go first. Scary thing sometimes for me realizing pretty much of what I know about how to handle women, he and I have learned together for as long as we've been friends. going on something like 45+ yrs. now.

Way I see it, we honor our heroes in public.

We pledge allegiance to our country in public.

We take our vows and pledge our duty in public.

What we don't do near enough of is share our hearts in public.

This just might come down for me on the same side as my politics.

Start with yourself. Come from your place of home. Keep that local and reach out a hand to anyone who comes or wants to come into that focus. Can't help but grow.

gws44 said...

True confessions is what you want?

My husband hasn't said a word yet?

Bryan Adams:

"..when you can see your unborn children in her eyes,ya know ya really love a woman.."

I could see ours in his eyes.

That's when I knew.

tb75 said...

More like a challenge, I say.

You really learned what you know about women from hanging with baby brother? Pitiful.

The thing I remember about Pop when he had something close to say was how much it meant when he did. Guess I'd like to think that maybe in the world of texts, IM's and keeping track of their facebook pages that I'm managing to be at least half that powerful with his grandkids.

This works, nanny. Glad to see it.

glenwoodsprings22 said...

Couple decades now. And I've never told you when the first time I really saw you was. That's when I knew. Ask me about that.

Nanny, it's a good thing.

H. Neal Glanville said...

When each of my children were born, I'd wrap them in a blanket, carry them outside and ask "is this the one?"
I didn't ask for myself but for those that were growing with my children. Each generation needs hope.
H. Neal Glanville